Growing up Hollywood unleashed a tidal wave of romance/romantic comedies on us as youth. It left a lot of us to believe that a hard fought for soul bearing love for one person such as in “Serendipity” would lead us to a perfect life and marriage! If it were true I would certainly be living a Hollywood romance by now.
So I have come up with what I think (I could be very wrong) with what your wife/girlfriend wants/needs from you! Ladies if I’m wrong please feel free to correct me! I know that there is more to add to this list, but I wanted to keep it to what I think are the most important ones.
- best friend – She is with you because she loves you and you are one of the most important people in her life. You share an intimacy with her that no one else does. She needs you to be that person that she can rely on and have you be there for her no matter what you have going on.
- listener – On the good days and the bad days. about you or about someone or something else she needs you to listen to her! She doesn’t necessarily want or need your opinion or you to tell her how to fix it. She just wants you to listen. Most women will let you know when she needs your thoughts on whatever it is by asking you “what do you think?”.
- Support – The moment you became a couple you became a team. Everything that happens in your life from that that moment on is not just yours it is now OURS! She needs to know you have her back no matter what the situation is even if it’s with your family. If you think she’s wrong save your thoughts for later and do not say she’s wrong or discuss it in public, save it for a moment when the two of you can have a private talk about it in a calm manner. This one has a lot to do with #2 on my list!
- To be your priority – We all have a lot going on, but making her a priority is a must. I firmly believe in this one! For me anything else I may be doing at the moment it’s not as important because at the end of your days she is the one that will be next to you!
- Love – She needs to know you love her and not that peck on the lips as you rush out the door in the morning saying “I love you, have a good day” or “goodnight, I love you”, but really make her feel loved. Wrap your arms around her, kiss her, hold her hand and sit with your legs wrapped up like a puzzle on the sofa while talking or watching TV kind of love. Make her feel like she’s the only girl in the world when you look in to her eyes.
I don’t really believe in this men are from Mars and women are from Venus thing. To me it’s just simply paying attention and knowing that this woman is in your life for a reason and that’s because you love her to endlessly and she is the most important person in your life!